Saturday, March 5, 2011

Back Off My Taco!!

Pardon me while I bitch about stupidity for a bit. I heard about yet another lawsuit against a fast food restaurant and it really just pisses me off. We all have heard about the lady who sued McDonalds because her coffee was too hot and the more recent lawsuit over happy meals. I think these (along with a long list of others) are just ridiculous. But now people have pushed me too far. They are messing with one of my favorite late night stops.

Taco Bell

I do love me some Taco Bell.

Now my beloved source of cheap, yet oh so delicious, tacos is being sued over the quality of ingredients in their food. WTF?!?!

Basically, some douche bag well meaning citizen is suing Taco Bell because they claim that their menu items contain beef when, in reality, the beef has so many fillers that it does not meet USDA requirements. See details here.

Are you freaking kidding me? Can we all just say "DUH".

Okay, let's think rationally about this. Their menu items start at $.89 and they don't have anything priced over $3. What exactly do you expect on such a budget? Do you think that something priced so ridiculously cheap is really a quality product? Frankly, I don't care about the quality of beef in my taco. It tastes FANTASTIC. If you want quality, pony up the money and go to a real restaurant. Or better yet, cook your own food.

I'm begging here...stop this nonsense. Here's the deal...this lawsuit, win or lose, is going to cost Taco Bell money. They have to pay for lawyers, settlements and then advertising to fix their public image. We all know what happens next. Who is going to pay for this? Me. That's right. Next thing you know, the price of 4am tacos will go up and my late night craving will cost me extra coin. Another possibility is that they will increase the quality of their product and the price will skyrocket.

I don't want a quality taco...I want my .$99 taco just the way it is.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think that any smart rational person would know that any fast food restaurant is about affordability and convenience. We go there for the greasy cheap goodness. Thats what makes it so gloriously delishious. And just like you said, if you want high end quality then go to a restaurant.
This world is so out of control and people are trying to make a quick buck on anything.

Making It Work Mom said...

I agree! And not only is going to cost me more for my taco now someone is also going to end up paying for the court costs. Let's jsut stop being ridiculous!

Brittany said...

Amen sister!!! I like my cheap filler ingredient tacos! And I often like my coffee hot too!

Dig in...