They say that the contents of a woman's purse says a lot about her. Mama Kat's writing prompt this week was to tell what the contents of your purse say about you. I started to write about this and decided that it just wasn't very insightful. The contents of my purse are pretty sparse and predictable. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the things NOT in my purse say a lot more about me.
1. Tissues and Wet Wipes. I'm a mom and I should have these things, but I don't. What's worse is that I know I will need them and I still neglect to put them in. I don't know why...no clue. For crying out loud, my mom has Wet Wipes in her purse and she doesn't even have a toddler. Whenever I am out with my mom and my child, I have to ask her for Wet Wipes for my kid. Fail. Sadly, this is very typical of me. I am just not a prepared sort of girl. I figure that anywhere I go there is bound to be a bathroom with papertowels and water. Maybe this is why I was a girl scout drop out.
2. Credit Cards. Yup, not a one. I got myself into trouble with credit cards and I have since sliced and diced them all. The closest thing I have is my debit card. I'm actually pretty proud of this even though it means I have missed out on some great purchases. I'm not good at self discipline and I am a compusive shopper, so this goes in the win category.
3. Toys, games, ect. Once again, I'm just not very prepared. I know there are times when they would be nice to keep the little one occupied, but I just don't do it. Part of it is because I just don't like having a 30 pound purse, part of it is because I am a slacker.
4. Medicine. You would think I would learn to keep some Tylenol in there, but I never do. But hey, if I get a headache I'm sure my mom has some in her purse.
5. Makeup. Not because I don't need it, but because I just don't have time to mess with it when I am out. Oh, I may have some chapstick, but that is all. I am a horse girl. I live on the farm and don't wear make up everyday. It's not because I am self confident, it's because I just don't have the time to care most days.
6. Money. This one just sucks.
7. A Calendar. I used to have one, now I have my blackberry and without it I would be completely lost. It's a little crazy how much I rely on that thing. I'm not sure I would know any of my friends' numbers without it. I certainly wouldn't know when or where I was supposed to be most days. It's a crutch and I've come to terms with that.
So there you have it, I'm an unprepared slacker. In reality, my purse has very little in it and most days I just grab my wallet and leave my purse behind. On the other hand, I could live for a week out of what is in my car...it has EVERYTHING stashed in it. I don't really know what all this says about me...maybe I need to take my purse to therapy and have it's contents (or lack thereof) analyzed by a professional.