Friday, December 19, 2008

Another Shining Example of Why I Hate Public School

So yesterday the kids and I were driving home. Wait, I was driving, they were passengering. Anyways, I was listening to my favorite conservative talk radio station and of course they are talking about Obama. All of a sudden my stepdaughter pipes up and says, "I hope Obama does a better job at being president than Bush did."

So I answer her, "Well, I hope so too. You always want the new president to improve over the last one. Even if I didn't vote for Obama, I hope he does a good job."

She replies with, "Well he HAS to do a better job than Bush, because he was the worst president we have ever had. He was HORRIBLE."

My turn: "Really. What did he do that was so horrible? What do you think makes him the worse president?" (Seriously, she's been alive for him and Clinton. What kind of contest is that?)

Her reply: "I don't really know, that's just what my teacher told me."

WHAT!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
Are you kidding me??? A fourth grade teacher blasted the current and outgoing president without giving her students any kind of reasoning? That is ridiculous. I don't care if you love or hate Bush, but this is not something a teacher should be saying. My stepdaughter told me that she didn't give them any examples of why, just her opinion. Of course, my stepdaughter is young and impressionable and thinks that her teachers know everything. She never questioned this and just assumed it to be fact. Is is just me or was that teacher out of line?? I'm thinking about having a talk with the teacher or the administration about this.

2 comments:

Aleta said...

Yep, I'd have a talk with the Principal. My Mom is a public school teacher and no way, shape, or form would she even remotely discuss politics! You just don't do that.

A New Yorker said...

Totally out of line. You should send this story in to Hannity, PRONTO. Because I think you're in for a battle with the school.

Dig in...