Monday, December 15, 2008

Day Off...But Not Really.

It's decided. There is no possible way for me to ever get caught up with everything unless I make a change to my hectic schedule. I've come to the realization that what I really need is to take an entire day off from everything else to get things done at home. Actually I need about a week off, but that's never gonna happen. I'm settling for a day. I'm going to try to take a day off either tomorrow or Thursday. The older kids will be at school and I'm sending the baby girl to grandma's. I'm turning off my phone and locking my doors and going to battle with the mountainous piles of laundry, dishes and trash. Maybe this won't be enough time to get it all done, but if I could at least get things started maybe I wouldn't be so overwhelmed. I am a terrible procrastinator and let things build up until I just can't take it anymore. I'm at that point, but have no normal time to attend to the mess. I'm finally at that point where I can't stand the sight of my house and know I need to step up and brave the mess, but all I can seem to manage are small spurts of time in between everything else. I don't work like that. I don't clean a little. I clean A LOT or not at all. Which is why I'm in this mess in the first place.

Anyway, tonight I'm taking the kids to their roller skating party so nothing will get done, but hopefully I'll get my day off that I need tomorrow and kick some dirty house ass!! What's really sad and pathetic about my life is that I'm actually looking forward to an entire day of uninterupted cleaning. Sad. So sad.

2 comments:

A New Yorker said...

I'm really wondering why the kids aren't pitching in each day as well as the hubby?

tiffany1377 said...

Good question!

Really, I think it's just mostly to the stage that it needs started. My stepdaughter has certain things she is responsible for and my stepson basically just has to clean up after himself, but we all have just been so busy that nothing has gotten done. A lot of times here lately we are only home long enough to dump our stuff and leave again or fall into bed. I'll get it all back in order and then everyone can help keep it that way.

Dig in...